30 June 2009

Okay So Maybe It Is Celiac

I just paid six dollars for a small nasty loaf of bread. The boy took one bite and said, "I think I'm done."

Remember those test results? The ones that came back saying the boy doesn't have celiac? Well apparently they still think he does and the person who called to tell me the test results didn't understand them. I won't get into that here because it would end up being a long frustrating rant.

Anyway, he has to have an endoscopy. He has an appointment with a GI at the end of August and they will schedule the endoscopy at that appointment. So it's looking like it will be a while. In the meantime they want him to switch to the gluten free diet. They may switch him back before the endoscopy but that's up to the GI.

So, FYI, don't buy the "New and Improved Corn Loaf." It needs more improving . . . .

4 comments:

Kristin said...

So sorry you have to deal with all this. Uncertainty is the worst. And for them to give you peace of mind and then take it back BITES!

Jeri Hazelton said...

Did you know they have gluten free fries at Red Robin?

Juliette said...

Hey, that's not fun! Mike will probably have to prepare two meals a night now...There's a guy in our ward that has celiac so bad, he gets sick if wheat TOUCHES his food (or his plate). Anyway, I know all about yucky $6 loafs of bread. I buy them all the time because I'm still off yeast.

Good Earth has a whole section of gluten-free stuff, including gluten-free cookies and cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

Awww. I think I can imagine that rant. Health unprofessionals are the worst.