31 March 2009

Chase is Four

Chase turned four on Sunday so we let him decide what we would have for dinner. He chose pepperoni pizza, Cheetos and root beer. It was an
all around crowd pleaser.

He also requested a monster truck firetruck birthday cake. That was a little more complicated than pepperoni pizza but he is only four so basically any truck shape with a ladder and sirens qualifies.


The blue thing is supposed to be a car that the monster truck firetruck is crushing. I used marshmallow fondant to cover the body of the truck and though it was a mess to make the result was satisfying.

Over pizza, Cheetos, root beer and cake he told us the following things about his four year old self:

1. His favorite color is yellow.
2. His best friend is Miss Trish (his morning preschool teacher)
3. His favorite toy is a truck.
4. His favorite movie is John Deere.

Monday he got to celebrate his birthday at afternoon preschool. He brought juice boxes and fruit snacks for his friends, and his teacher gave him a balloon and a crown. Even though the day had been pretty exhausting we managed to wake him up and drag him to Sam Hawk for dinner.

When we picked him up at the airport almost four years ago he came with a whole bag full of stuff. In it was a hanbok that he was supposed to wear on his first birthday. He did but it was way too big for him, so I pulled it out again this year and he wore it and his crown to dinner.

You know you're having a pretty good time when grandpa Jim dons the crown.


Chase ended the evening by preforming "Tower of Power" from the Backyardigans.



I like to think a good time was had by all.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Have I told you Sam's favorite color is yellow too... and he tells us that like at least once a day. Awesome cake!!! I envy your talent. . .as always!

Marianne said...

Wow, I'm very impressed with your cake making abilities. It looks great.

CarrieAnne said...

I want one!

And I'm VERY impressed with your cake! I won't show you the Foosball Table cake I made for The Mans' birthday. His coworkers thought it was ram. They didn't get why the ram had gummy bear guys on it.

When I want a car cake I'm coming to you!

Shell said...

Great cake for a great kid. He is so adorable (you can still be adorable at four, I just don't if he's going to grow out of it before it's not cool anymore). I love the picture of him passed out on the floor. When you fall asleep with your crown on, you know you've had a good day.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Chase. He is really growing up fast! I love the nice touch of the unbuttoned pants as he was asleep on the floor.

Alice said...

I <3 this boy. I can't believe he is 4!
Impressive cake.

NG said...

Happy Birthday Chase! Pizza, Cheetos and Cake... what more could you want?

Wendeloo1 said...

So, the fondant recipe worked? I'm about to try/experiment before I do Elora's. I bow at your feet in the cake creating department! I am the one who makes such a big deal out that, but you "take the cake". Congrats Chase, your mom Rocks!