13 March 2009

The Art Expo

The boy and the girl turned in collages they made for the art expo at school. The theme was "Dreams are Free" or something like that.


Madison wants to be a writer so she did a collage all about the BFG (one of her favorite books). She made most of it out of an old copy of the BFG that was falling apart and ripped. Then at the bottom she put "I dream to write what others read to dream." It's very cute.


My favorite parts are the little girl's hair, and the heart she added onto the book. You can't really tell but the green paper she chose to make the clouds has little swirls in it like the swirls she made with the glitter. I love it! I absolutely LOVE it.

Kai decided that because he really wants to be a veterinarian he would draw a picture of him putting a cast on a dog. He wanted to do a collage too and decided he could draw the parts of the pictures separately and put them together like a puzzle. So that's what he did.

He was adamant that the dog had to be a black and white boxer. But he didn't really know what boxers look like so he looked at a lot of pictures of boxers on the internet before drawing his.

Then he drew the table and himself. Because he was drawing all the pictures separately he had a hard time judging the scale of each image. The picture he drew of himself was ended up being too short to reach the dog on the table. I suggested he redraw it and he said, "Don't worry mom, I'll just make him a stool." And he did.

Unfortunately this picture might be more realistic than he'd like as I see a lot of stools in his future. My fault entirely . . . I know.



BUT Have you ever seen a better looking boxer? Don't you just love the stool and The crazy hair he made with cut up rubberbands? It's SO him I have to smile every time I look at it.

Oh and for your viewing pleasure . . . Chase. Because heaven forbid I take a picture of the other kids and not take a picture of him.

6 comments:

Alice said...

Those are some mighty big hands on Brig. If you don't frame Madison's picture I am going to steal it from you, frame it and put it near my bookshelf. (Just FYI)

hOLLIANN said...

Those turned out awesome! Yea for your kids. I asked Jaxon if he wanted to do one, and I told him the theme...he said maybe we could tear up money and use some glue...not in this economy little buddy! So, nothing fancy from us. Happy St. Patrick's day.

Anonymous said...

You have very talented children. Thanks for sharing their work.

Shell said...

I swear, Madison amazes me. I'm going to have to stay on my toes if I want to get published before she does, and considering the age difference, I must admit it would be good for my self esteem if I did. She is absolutely gifted. And Brig just makes me smile. My world is a better place because I know he's in it.

Kristin said...

Your kids are both very gifted and by the way, that is your fault too!! I am sure they got some of it from Micheal too. . . no offense to the Dad!

Unknown said...

Alice-- Good to know.

Holliann- I think Jackson is on to something nothing like a ripping up money making an economic statement!