12 March 2009

I Think She's Exaggerating

Madison is playing hookie today.

Tuesday night she got sick. My mother was always a little bit of a push over when it came to sick kids. When I was sick I got to sleep in my parent's bed and watch cartoons all day. She would even get me bean burritos from taco bell if I asked. I loved that. I think if I was well enough to eat taco bell I could have probably gone to school. My dad was a push over at times too. I remember convincing him that the only thing I could eat after having my braces tightened was a Wendy's hamburger.

So Madison got sick Tuesday night and I kept her home from school on Wednesday. I had to drive carpool and run a bunch of errands on Wednesday so instead of dragging her around with me all afternoon I dropped her off at my mom's to sleep on the couch and watch cartoons. I left her with the TV on and piece of bread with some peanut butter on it. When I came to pick her was still watching TV but now had grapes, crackers, and a 7-UP. It was pretty obvious she had been very well cared for. In fact, I think the only reason she didn't have a bean burrito is because she didn't realize it was an option.

Even though she was fine yesterday afternoon her stomach cramps returned last night and stuck around this morning. So she is staying home again today. Unfortunately, Chase doesn't have preschool and I don't have to run errand today which means she gets to stay home with me and two of her three lovely little brothers. I have a feeling she'll be feeling much better tomorrow.

Updated to add:

She just came in and made herself a plate full of peanut butter crackers and lifesavers. I think she's going to make it.

1 comment:

Jeri Hazelton said...

You are nicer than me! Amber said she had stomach pains on Monday. I had both little ones sleeping and someone coming to fix my garage door in 30 minutes so I told her to tough it out because I just couldn't come and get her (I wasn't about to wake 2 sleeping kids). I told her call me about in about an hour and if her stomach still hurt I would come and get her. She never called and even though her stomach hurt later that night she has made it to school all week. Maybe she was having sympathy pains for Maddie!