06 April 2009

I Know Hair

I still have my crimping iron from the 1980s. Are you impressed? My mom found it in bag of stuff under her bathroom sink and gave it to me to shove under my bathroom sink.

I am excited to tell you that it came in handy this weekend. Friday night Madison put one little tiny braid in the front of her hair and slept on it. She took it out Saturday morning and was thrilled with her cool frizzy lock of hair. She promptly asked me to put little tiny braids all over her head so she could sleep on them and go to school with a full head of frizzy hair. I said, "Who do you think I am? Your camp buddy?" Then I pulled out the trusty crimping iron and spent the next 20 minutes crimping her hair.


Hello gorgeous!

She was very pleased with how her frizzy hair turned out and decided she would wear something funky to go with her cool new funky hair . . . . so . . . she uh . . . chose a sweater vest. But . . . its a funky sweater vest. That is one crazy apple . . . .

She said she was getting all sorts of complements at school today. The best was when her cousin, my darling niece, said, "Her mom is REALLY good with hair. I know because she's my aunt."

Damn straight.

10 comments:

Brent Walker said...

Nice Stylin'!

Juliette said...

That's so funny! I had one of those once.

Marianne said...

I always wanted a crimper but my mom kept perming my hair so she said we didn't need one. Stylish. Madison looks cute though.

Unknown said...

The Sanders are laughing hysterically!

Des said...

I have a photo of you looking exactly like that! Sweater vest and all.

CarrieAnne said...

Don't you mean "Damn Crimped"?

I don't own a crimper..when the Kid wants "kinky" hair I have to braid it. Bugger.

NG said...

Ooooh... I used to LOVE my crimping iron. She would have fit right in in the 80s.

Shell said...

No, she means "Damn wrinkly." Just ask Kaes. She BEGS for wrinkly hair, which she only gets after she sleeps in a braid. And I am SO not her camp buddy. That's what Aunt CarrieAnne is for.

Kristin said...

Don't you love how everything of our youth is cool again? All these clothes and crimping irons getting recycled. And those of us who didn't get it in the 80's get another chance to be 80's cool again.

Wendeloo1 said...

Elora has asked for a crimper - I don't think they sell them anymore - or yet again. I used to have one. May she borrow yours? Cute hair Maddie and of course - you too, Lis!