17 March 2009

What I Didn't Know About Boxers Could Fill A Book

Did you know that white boxers sunburn easily? Or that boxers have square heads with blunt, broad muzzles? Did know you that they have been around since the late 1800s and they are a mix of bulldog and mastiff?

I didn't know any of these things until this morning. The boy has been doing more boxer research.

He is fairly certain that we are going to get him a boxer puppy and wants to make sure that he knows how to take care of it. He checked a stack of books out at the library yesterday and today he told me that I should just buy him a couple of books about boxers because I'm probably going to get sick of renewing these books all the time and he needs to have a book on hand in case he forgets something and needs to look it up. I realize that was a run on sentence, but that's how the boy talks. Seriously. We recently had some people over for breakfast who's little boy told him he "might want to do less talking and more eating."

He was very excited when he read that boxers could easily pull a small child around, "Did you hear that mom! EASILY!" I pointed out that might make it hard for him to take the boxer on walks. "No." He said, "I'll walk him. You have to mom. You have to walk your boxer for an hour EVERY DAY."

Madison decided that if the boy gets a boxer it should be a family pet not just his. His response, "Get what ever pet you want Maddie, just make sure it isn't a cat because my boxer will chase it."

Sometimes I get the idea that he isn't really listening to what other people are saying.

6 comments:

Jeri Hazelton said...

A few weeks back we had a dog in our front yard just hanging out. He was a nice dog, didn't attack the kids or anything. Come to find out he was a boxer. I was trying to find his owners so he hung out in my backyard for awhile. I must say, I hate big dogs but that boxer was one of the nicest big dogs I've ever had in my back yard.

Shell said...

I'd better dust off my dog books. Looks like Brig is going to pass me up on being the walking dog encyclopedia. Of course, I've never really been much into boxers. The square head and blunt nose aren't my style. However, I won't be telling Brig that.

Sparklebot said...

From the title, I thought this post was about something totally different.

kacy faulconer said...

I'll keep an eye out for orphaned boxers for Brig to foster.

Kristin said...

So...is he right? Are you going to get a boxer? He isn't subtle about what he wants is he? Good luck with that!

Unknown said...

Kacy-- Please do!

Kristin-- We may get a dog at some point, but not right now.

Jim-- He hasn't mentioned that. I'll have to ask him.