20 January 2009

Martin Luther King Jr

Early Monday morning the boy snuck in bed with me.  Everything was peaceful and quiet when he popped up and said, "HEY!  Today is Martin Luther King Day!"  I asked if he knew who Martin Luther King was and he told me that he was someone who wanted everyone to be able to ride the same bus and got shot for it.  I filled in some details and explained how important it is to stand up for what you know is right.  He listened and when I was done he said, "Ya, but do you know what the most important thing about Martin Luther King day is?  To eat healthy!  Oh and drink healthy too."   

I suppose I'll have to try again next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, with the increasing obesity problem in the US, every holiday should be eat healthy drink healthy day. Even on MLK day :)