13 January 2009

Did I Forget To Tell You That?

During the Christmas vacation a girl scratched my van while she was parking.  Fortunately she was a nice girl.  She waited and gave me her insurance info.  Her insurance company set us up with a body shop and a rental because it apparently takes four days to take a scratch out of a bumper.  Originally they wanted to put us in a sedan.  I said we don't fit in a sedan.  I don't drive a minivan because I think it makes me look cool.  

"Well how many kids do  you have?"

"I have four kids, one in a car seat and the other three are in boosters."  

"You have four kids?!!"

You know I hear that a lot-- but usually I'm saying it to myself.  I'll say, "I have four kids?!!!"  Then it is normally followed by, "What the Hell was I thinking?"

Yesterday I went to drop off the van and pick up the rental.  They were supposed to meet me at 9am.  Three phone calls and almost an hour after 9 they finally sent someone to get me and take me to the rental agency.  

Because of the inconvenience they decided to give me a free upgrade.  They moved me from a Dodge van to a Saturn SUV.  I'm not even going to talk about the fact that they upgraded me from a Dodge to a Saturn.  I was supposed to be happy because the Saturn has heated leather seats, blue tooth, and tells me when it's icy.  Not to mention that it looks shiny and new. 

But remember the four kids thing?  With two car seats in the middle and two car seats in back (the only way they will fit) I can't flip down the middle seat so that people can get into the back.  This means I have to open the trunk and throw kids in.  The best part is when they can't get their seat belts done up.  I, in all my four feet and eleven inches of glory, can't reach the seat belts in the back unless I'm in the back-- which means I get to climb in and out of the trunk too.  

Heated seats become less and less important as I squeeze my not so skinny behind in and out of the trunk.

6 comments:

Alice said...

You should request a downgrade.

Kristin said...

Nice!They took good care of you and yours don't they? I don't think the fact I have 4 kids has really smacked me in the face. . . yet. It will though. . .it will!

Juliette said...

All of that for a fixed scratch in the bumper. (o;

Jessieksj said...

Way too funny. Except, i cant really get the image. maybe you can post a video :)

kacy faulconer said...

Would you say you have junk in your trunk, literally?

Unknown said...

JessieSJ-- I would put up a video, but I'm afraid people would stop coming to my blog if I did.

Kacy-- I would say that, but I'm just not that hip.