07 October 2008

Laziness Abounds

I was sick this weekend, and spent most of it in bed.  One of the weekend's highlights was when the boy told me I wouldn't be sick if I hadn't stopped exercising.  He still has a lot to learn before he gets married.

Another highlight came yesterday (not technically on the weekend I know).  I was told to get yet another stool sample from Davis.  This time I was told to get the collection supplies from my favorite Lady with a Russian accent.  It turns out she's from Romania so I'll call her the Romanian Lab Worker from now on.  She asked if the supplies were for me.   I told her they were not, and I'd like to hope that day  never comes.  She handed me supplies and went into great detail about the best way to do everything.  She was very nice.  I was very confused until I realized she was pregnant.  

Back in July she wasn't showing, she must have been in the beginning of her pregnancy.  Imagine having morning sickness and then having to come to work to analyse stool.  No way would I be nice.  Now she is in the middle part of pregnancy-- which is really the best part. By this time the morning sickness is dying down and you look pregnant but not so pregnant that you feel like a beached whale.  I figure I'm in the clear for another month or two before the last part of pregnancy kicks in.  At this point you are in fact a beached whale and you begin to wonder what the hell you were thinking.  

2 comments:

Tyler V said...

ooooo, I'm at the beached whale stage and it's not very nice. We'll have to hang out again before I have this kid, but I sensed that you must be sick so I haven't called you (yeah right, laziness abounds in my calling people, lets be honest...but I am at the whale stage, so I suppose it's to be expected!).

Kristin said...

When I think of Russian (and neighboring) accents, I think of villains in Indiana Jones and James Bond movies. I don't think about them explaining the best way to get a stool sample. That is kind of like its own kind of torture though so not so far fetched I guess. I hope this is a check up and not a new problem.