20 October 2008

First Day of School . . . Again

I know you're all dying to know what the girl and boy wore to their first day of public school.  First day outfits can make or break you.  So with out further ado . . .

Kai is sporting a Yoda shirt complete with glow-in-the-dark light saber and camo sleeves.  He chose black pants with cargo pockets and sneakers.  That's right, sneakers.  Oh and don't tell anyone but now that he doesn't have to wear socks that match his pants, he totally isn't.  They aren't black, navy blue, or even white.  They're tan.  Yep, tan socks with black pants.  It's anarchy I tell you--pure anarchy, and the boy's loving every minute of it.

Just as I predicted Madison went all out.  She wore pants under a skirt.  This is something her grandma was reported to the honor code office for in college.  So this ones for you mom.  She is also wearing a light blue polo and a pink vest with green trim.  I know what your thinking khakis . . . a polo . . .  a vest . . . kind of school uniformish.  Perhaps, but what you can't see in the picture is that the logo on the vest is a small green skull and cross bones.   And lets not forget that she's wearing her flowered Doc Martins.  She's gone completely public school and don't try to convince me otherwise.  

5 comments:

Juliette said...

Your kids have a flair for fashion. No, really, they totally have the clashing down that's in right now.

It must have been freeing to expresss themselves at school. I avoided private school for that very reason.

Kristin said...

They look happy about the change for sure. I remember when I was little if I wanted to wear a dress or skirt and it was too cold my mom made me wear pants under it and I hated it. Now it is cool. Strange how the forbidden fruit is so much more appealing.

NG said...

Wait... am I to understand that there was a rule at the other school that their socks matched their pants? I can barely even get my kids' socks to match each other. That would have been enough for me to move them to another school right there.

Unknown said...

julie-- good to know. I'm not really up on that sort of thing.

kristin-- I can honestly say I never had a desire to wear pants under a skirt. Instead I opted for mens shirts that were too big for me. Like I said, I've never been too great with fashion.

ng- yes. they had to wear specific colors of socks with specific colors of pants and shorts. They can't wear black pants at the old school, only navy and khaki, so he was a little confuses as to what color of socks he should wear with his black pants. Then I told him he could wear what ever socks he wanted and he was giddy.

Wendeloo1 said...

Wow, big decision! Moving to a public school! Good Luck to you all!