09 October 2008

Breaking the Rules

I love decorating for Halloween.  It is the only time of the year when I feel justified in violating the "one skull at a time" rule of fashion.  

This is my mantle this year.   


I got the eyeballs at target last year and glued them into the skull.  I also put some eyeballs in various jars.  The white candles were on clearance at Target and I poured fake blood on them.  We got a bag full of tiny little black spiders from Oriental Trading that I put all over the black netting.  My favorite item is the black bird my mom found and gave me.  In fact he'll stay up through thanksgiving.  I'm still trying to figure out an appropriate way to work him into Christmas.

I found a 2 dollar shelf at the local thrift store and decided to use it for this in the entryway.

 I'm not sure where I got the idea, but I know I saw something like it on the Internet or in a magazine at some point, but I'm too lazy to track it down right now.

7 comments:

Juliette said...

I LOVE your decorations!!! I am actually jealous--yours are so much cooler than mine. I'm not spending for 90 days (see my latest post) BUT I may have to beat you next year. Ah-ha-ha! (Vampire laugh)

NG said...

You. Are. Awesome.

Sparklebot said...

I definitely need more jars of gross stuff . . . for halloween . . .

Why are eyeballs SO gross? They are the nastiest of body parts, if you ask me.

hOLLIANN said...

Love it almost as much as I love Halloween!

Kristin said...

WICKED awesome! And I mean that in every sense of the words. Very Cool!

Alice said...

You are so incredibly dark, I love it ... and who are you kidding with this one skull at at time fashion rule (great rule, but you've NEVER followed it) ;)

Tyler V said...

I'd forgotten how freaking fabulous your Halloween decor is. The Oz shelf may be my fav...if only because my boy decided he's going to be the Tin Man this year and that leaves sister as Dorothy (he tried to tell me I should be Dorothy, but a huge pregnant lady as Dorothy is just WRONG--much like limiting you to only one skull at a time).