28 October 2008

Going Domestic

 I thought it would be great to have some dried fruit in our food storage so I borrowed my mom's dehydrator and went  nuts.   I have been drying for two days now and this is my bounty.

Each one of those containers holds a pint and a half.  I dried a pint of apples, and a pint of pears.  I dried half a pint of bananas, and half a pint of strawberries mixed with blueberries.  

So in the event of a disaster the four kids will have one or two great snacks immediately followed by multiple diaper changes and trips to the bathroom. 

I'm so excited about my new found sense of preparedness.  

3 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

Make sure you get those lids on a little tighter next time. ;-)

Unknown said...

CA-- Those lids are not easy to put on.

Kristin said...

I wish we could have done it together. I know. . my fault. It sure feels good to "be prepared" doesn't it? How did your bananas turn out? How thin do you slice them and how long did it take to dry them? I LOVED the bananas but they were not dried all the way.