24 April 2009

This One's For Tamara

Michael's parents are visiting so yesterday we picked up Auntie Carol and went to the big city for real belgian gaufre and fritjes (waffles and fries) at Bruges. I had my gaufre plain and my fritjes with mayo.

It. Was. Awesome.

In fact, it was so good and I was so excited to eat it that I forgot to take a picture of it.

So Tamara, load up those day care kids and go get yourself some lunch. I'm sure their parents won't mind.

Oh just be warned if you tell him you lived in Belgium for a year he'll start talking to you in flemish and he'll keep talking to you in flemish even after you tell him it has been 12 years.

6 comments:

Jessieksj said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooo. i really need to come see you so we can go to this place.
12 years, um, wasn't that yesterday? no way it has been that long.

Des said...

Ok, what? Why did I not know about this place when I lived within walking distance, and better yet, why didn't you come visit so we could go there? Now we'll have to drive. It's a plan.

Juliette said...

Speaking of Belgium, I loved hanging out with you there. You got me totally hooked on Panos. Good times.

CarrieAnne said...

"Flemish"
A Language with the word "flem" in it. *shivers*

Tamara said...

Oh my word! Seriously? In Salt Lake? Oh, I am making a plan. I want my gaufre and frites! Wow, You've made my day, week, month!
YUM!!! I can taste the sugar crystals. Ok, I have to stop now and try to focus on something else. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm

Unknown said...

Jessie-- come any time!

Des-- It's pretty new. I think only a few months.