03 November 2008

Christmas is Coming

I love Halloween, but I'm glad its over.  Now its time to think about Christmas.  

Oh wait, there is that holiday called Thanksgiving that keeps popping up between Halloween and Christmas.  I don't cook though, so besides a few fall decorations, I don't spend a lot of time thinking about Thanksgiving. 

Basically, I'll take Christmas  over Thanksgiving any day.  All you get on Thanksgiving is thanks. I prefer presents.  The 5 Love Languages quiz agrees with me.  The Five Love Languages book taught me that I don't have to think of gifts as gifts, I can think of them as an investment in a relationship.  

Thanksgiving does remind me of my favorite Eddie Izzard clip.  However, be careful before playing this clip--  Eddie Izzard may be a fun loving transvestite, but he has been known to say a swear word or two.  


4 comments:

Alice said...

ummm ... does this mean you will NOT be posting pictures of my adorable neice and nephews in Halloween costumes? I'm concerned!

Tyler V said...

Yeah, where are the rest of the kids? I saw the girl and the boy, but what about the other boys? You know, Blog Fodder and Better Hair than I've Got?
Also, man, I love thanksgiving. It's all about EATING, one of my favorite things. Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, that weird sparkling cider. Mmmmm. Heaven.

Kristin said...

I love Thanksgiving because it is less work than the other two holidays that it is sandwiched between. It is just one meal. One very yummy meal. I can handle that! It is kind of a breather before the super holiday stress comes on. Don't get me wrong, I do love the other holidays too.
I love the clip. He is very funny!

Sparklebot said...

I've already been down the Christmas aisles at Target!