19 November 2008

Yarn Therapy

I just bought a boat load of wool yarn from Knitpicks.  Yarn makes me happy.  Sometimes I pet my yarn.  It's like petting a cat-- very therapeutic.  

In my opinion wool gets a bad rap.  I think people in the wool industry should start a wool campaign.  

Wool!  Not as scratchy as you might think!

Why not?  Pork went from "pork-- not as good as chicken" to "pork-- the other white meat."  Even high fructose corn syrup is jumping on the campaign band wagon. 


Sorry high fructose corn syrup, I'm not buying it.  There is a reason stores can charge at least twice as much for Mexican Coke and Dublin Dr. Pepper.  Taste alone wins this argument.

5 comments:

Juliette said...

I love that you pet your yarn. I got a good laugh out of that one. And I can't BELIEVE that commercial! It's got to be one of the lamest ones ever. High fructose corn syrup is horrible for you. I would know. I practically have a PhD in nutrition from all of the millions of books I've read.

CarrieAnne said...

I have an OD in High Fructose Corn Syrup and I agree.

It's bad stuff.

Kristin said...

If it isn't soda, its good for the kids! That is what Kool-aid says and we know Kool-aid can be trusted. . .right? The Kool-aid guy would never lie. OH YEAH!

NG said...

Oh my gosh. I was just looking on your site for something else and I noticed on that video that the white woman with the short hair was in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I can't decide if it's a step up or a step down to go to hawking High Fructose Corn Syrup from Demon College Dorm Roommate from Hell.

Unknown said...

ng- commercials for high fructose corn syrup are kind of like Halmark movies, it's where stars go to die.