05 March 2010

Work Work Work

The title of this post may surprise you because in general I don't really do a lot of work.

Before you go off and tell me that being a mother is work you should know that I am specifically talking about the kind of work that makes money. I realize that I do dishes and laundry and sweep the kitchen floor. Speaking of which, what is the point of having a dog if he doesn't eat scraps off the kitchen floor? Isn't that one of the perks of having a dog? Having to sweep the floor less?

Back to working . . . my pattern is actually selling. I'm no millionaire, I'm not even making a monetary contribution to the household. But every few days I make a sale and I love it. Heindselmans (the local yarn shop) even agreed to try to sell my pattern. Though I think he did so because Davis is so darn cute you can't say no to him.
The fact that little Davis is alive today after removing the needles from my enterlac scarf yesterday shows exactly how cute he is.

Do you know what I love best about selling my pattern?  Now I don't have to feel guilty about spending all my time knitting.  Because now I'm not knitting, I'm working.  So at the end of the day when there are still dishes in the sink I can say, "Well I did have a lot of work to do today.  I'll have to see if I can get some time-off and get those dishes washed tomorrow."  Truth be told, lately I just haven't been able to get that time-off.  My work hours have been grueling.

To make it all seem more official I started a knitting blog called Visual Anarchy Knits.  If you don't knit you won't find it even remotely interesting.  In fact, if you do knit you might not find it remotely interesting.

And now for something completely unrelated . . .  what am I supposed to say to a two-year-old who when I tell him he needs get in his own bed, looks up at me with big huge brown eyes and says, "but Mommy, I just want to snuggle with you."?

Yeah. I'm in BIG trouble.

6 comments:

Juliette said...

That's so cool that your pattern is so popular! Way to go, Beth!

Oh, and I think your dog is defective. Mine not only eats every crumb that falls to the floor, she also jumps into my lap after most meals to lick up and crumbs that may have fallen onto my shirt. Thus saving me from sweeping AND laundry.

MamaJenny said...

LIz-
What is in the picture? It's awesome!

Unknown said...

MamaJenny--That is the enterlac scarf I've been working on! I've done more than that, but that was the most recent picture I have. I'm glad you like it, and I'm glad I didn't have to start over!

kacy faulconer said...

I need to get a picture of mine and put it on my blog!

Sparklebot said...

I am very proud of you. It's so validating to have other people like your work. Congrats.

Ali said...

Congratulations on your working-woman status. I wish I had that excuse.
That scarf is the coolest thing I have seen. Good job not killing the kid. I think it's those big eyes of his that stopped you. Lucky him. If he and Sheridan get married, their kids will have REALLY big, killer cute eyes.
I'm just sayin'...