01 March 2010

Quite the Production

I have decided that having a dog is like having a baby.  You know it's going to be a lot of work but you never really know what exactly you're getting yourself into. 

Right now Construction Site Lewis is doing great.  He is finally starting to act like himself again.  But there were a few bad days last week.  I'd rather not go into a lot of detail but I will tell you a few things I learned about taking care of a dog who is recovering from surgery. 


1.  Do not un-pinch a pinched drainage tube.
2.  If a pinched drainage tube becomes un-pinched quickly move the dog away from all carpeted areas.
3.  4-year-olds do not like blood.
4.  4-year-olds do not know the difference between the home phone and the cell phone.
5.  4-year-olds do not know the difference between wet wipes and cleaning rags.
6.  Really good friends let you borrow their carpet cleaner even when they know what you're cleaning with it.
7.  When all else fails large amounts of oxiclean will remove large amounts of blood from from your carpet.

6 comments:

Pmom@Chocolateandgarlic.com said...

Oh dear.

NG said...

Oh I could have told you about the oxiclean... I'm not sayin' how I know that though. Good look with Construction Site. He's lucky to have you.

kacy faulconer said...

Sounds even worse than a baby.

Grace said...

I agree with Kacy. Hope it gets better. You are a good woman.

Sparklebot said...

Sounds WAY worse than a baby. Way grosser worse.

Jessieksj said...

holy crap. all i have to say is extra points for you!!