01 September 2009

Morning Preschool Starts

Mr. Chase started morning preschool on Monday. He had morning and afternoon preschool last year too and I swore I wouldn't put him in both again . . . but here we are.

I think they have new bus drivers this year. On Monday His bus pulled up to our house at 9:05 (school stars at 9:00) and after Chase got on the driver asked, "so how do I get out of here?"

On Tuesday the driver who brings him home called and asked if she was supposed to bring Chase home. When I told her she was, she told me she was asking because she didn't know where he was, and then said, "well . . . I guess I'll go look for him." And YES, that freaked me out. Remember I'm the person who checked to make sure Madison's bike was at school the first time she rode it. Fortunately, Chase did make it home on Tuesday-- he was even ten minutes early.

Each child in his morning preschool class was given a backpack. They had been donated by Costco and they all looked exactly the same. I didn't want Chase grabbing some other kids bag, or some other kid grabbing Chase's bag, so I went to JoAnns and bought a patch to sew on to his bag so he would know it was his.

Because I tend to leave somethings for the last minute I sewed the patch on his bag Sunday night and told him I had a surprise for him Monday morning.

Me: "Look Chase, I put a race car on your backpack!"
Chase: "Thanks mom!"

Chase (a few minutes later): "Mom, next time you have a surprise for me can it be a toy motorcycle man?"

5 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Um. That driver should not have said that.

Rachel Meyers said...

He's growing up too fast! What a crazy bus driver!

Kristin said...

Yeah. . you don't just drop things like. . "I can't find your kid"

Shell said...

"Do I bring your child home from school?" I've never heard of a one-way bus service, not for school anyway. Do they usually not take children home after school? And "I lost your kid" is not something one generally admits to. At least, not BEFORE they look for him. Maybe all those doubts you had about putting him in morning preschool were really warnings.

On the upside, that is one crazy cute kid you've got there. I just want to nibble on him (but not in a bad way).

daviddespain.secret said...

cute, funny kid. where was he?