30 July 2009

While You Were Out

One of my favorite mornings on the coast was when Madison and I went out early with her uncle and a couple of her cousins to see the beach at low tide.

The tide was WAY out so we found a lot of great tide pools to explore.

The kids decided this little starfish needed to be rescued so they all grabbed an arm and tossed it into the sea.

I think one of the coolest things we found that morning was a sand crab. I'd never seen one before and thought the way they buried themselves in the sand was very cool to watch.




I told Madison if she ever needs to do a report on tide pools we'll be ready.

2 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

What an awesome trip!

Shell said...

I LOVE sand crabs! Well, I don't really, they kind of freaked me out when I first realized they were swimming around in the water with my toes before the tide went out, but I make a valiant effort when I'm at the beach to get over it. It's been a long time since I've had the opportunity to 'get over it.' How fun. I DO love tide pools, though, always have, always will. Yeah for you guys.