03 August 2008

Davis Update

I've been fielding a lot of phone calls about Davis so I decided it might be easier to put an update on the blog.

Davis was checked into the hospital Wednesday night. They just wanted to keep an eye on him because his white blood cell count was low, due to him being sick for over a week. His blood count began to increase so he was released Friday morning and is doing really well now.

We appreciate everyone's concern and support. Especially my parents who watched the other three kids with out complaint-- which is something I have a hard time doing!

One funny thing though, when Davis and I went the the hospital Wednesday morning for more blood tests we happened to have the same lady with the Russian accent. Even though we had seen her Monday and Tuesday she still did not remember us. When she went to draw his blood and saw the previous marks she asked if his blood had been drawn recently. "YES!" I said, "on Monday . . . by you!" She didn't believe me at first but after a quick ponder she replied, "Oh! You're the stool sample!"

6 comments:

NG said...

Oh, poor little guy! And Davis looks pretty wiped out too.

Hope he's doing better soon.

Tyler V said...

Yeah, she told you that you're the stool sample! Haha! (yes, I do have a 14-year-old-boy's sense of humor sometimes).

Juliette said...

That's funny about the Russian lady...I'm glad Davis is okay. (o:

Anonymous said...

well if you wanted a break from the other kids i am sure your parents would have just taken them :) i am glad Davis is better- great picture!!

Kristin said...

I am sure "the stool sample" is exactly what you felt like...by another name of course. I am glad Davis is OK.

CarrieAnne said...

SWEET! How cool is it that she doesn't remember your face, but she remembers your stool?

I guess it's like a bartender knowing the drink but not the client?