15 August 2008

Death of a Computer

This week my laptop was taken apart, bathed in alcohol, dried, and put back together to no avail. Peach, as I affectionately called her, is officially dead.

In order to console myself I have been eating Harry and David mocha truffles by the handful. I haven't been drowning my sadness with Dr. Pepper is because when I went to Costco they were out. They had a pallet of Diet Pepsi in it's place-- as if that's an acceptable alternative. Seriously people Diet Pepsi? Hell in a hand basket . . . .

6 comments:

Juliette said...

I hope you get another soon, because I'm lost without your blogs.

Alice said...

I agree with Juliette ... I actually had to text you to confirm you were alive.

Anonymous said...

After a ride in the handbasket, Diet Pepsi is what people actually drink in hell. (Unless it is Pepsi Jazz.)

My most profound sympathies for your loss(es).

Kristin said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Then Costco not having Dr.Pepper?!?!?!?!? Talk about rubbing salt in your wounds. Know that my thoughts are with you in this time of sorrow.

NG said...

Ooooohhhh noooo! Does this mean you get a new laptop? Because I might be inclined to have my kid spill something on it.

Tyler V said...

I'm with succubus and saints. Seriously, how can Costco do that to a poor, grieving woman!?! At least you still have chocolates... and the admiration of hundreds who have witnessed that you didn't kill Chase, even when the computer couldn't be resurrected and there was no DP (and it's all Chase's fault...which is probably a nice change from everything being the husband's fault...)