27 May 2010

Tis The Season

 Madison's Standing Long Jump

Madison signed up for track and field again and participated in the first round of the Hershey Track Meet last night.  She did the standing long jump and ran the 100m and 200m.  She came 4th in both her races which I think is awesome, but she was disappointed because you have to place at least 3rd to move on.  We don't know where she placed in the long jump because they hadn't tallied the results by the time she finished her last race and I wasn't willing to stick around for several more hours to find out. 

Fortunately I only had the boys with me for the first half and my mom was able to watch them after that.  But I have to say while they were there, they were very well behaved.

For example, look at Chase.  Though he is slightly apprehensive, he seems okay with the fact that he is sitting about 5 bleachers up, next to a chain link fence.  This is a BIG deal for us.  Chase won't go up staircases that have open sides.  And by open I mean anything he can see through, bars, fence, metal railing,etc.  In fact he practically had a heart attack two weeks ago when we used the elevator at the library.  He literally screamed in terror until I took him back down to the main floor.  So like I said, this was a big deal.

1 comment:

Sparklebot said...

4th place is very good. Way to go, Maddie.

And, congrats to Chase, as well. Progress is progress.