17 May 2010

Lessons in Frugality

This year I started freezing left over fruit before it spoils and goes to waist.  I've been very pleased with myself and how I've filled the freezer full of trays of cut up strawberries and bananas that otherwise would have gone in the garbage.  Now we have frozen fruit Madison can use to make smoothies all year long.  She's really into smoothies right now.  It made me feel very frugal.  Frozen fruit can be expensive and we throw out a lot a fruit the kids decide not to eat.  However, my savings were slightly offset this weekend when two of my strawberries got stuck together and I decided to pry them apart with a butter knife.  I'm pretty sure the trip to instiCare to glue and steri-strip my finger closed cost more than a couple bags of frozen fruit.

6 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Damn.

Ali said...

I was going to try and be frugal like you, but your mishap has changed my mind. Phew!
Hope it wasn't your knitting hand.

Pmom@ChocolateandGarlic.com said...

A butterknife did this to you?

Rebecca said...

Dull knives are the cruelest! So sorry.

Jessieksj said...

where is the picture of the war wound??

CarrieAnne said...

That's what you get for eating fruit.