07 May 2010

Madison is 10

I've been trying to write this blog for three days now but it just doesn't seem to be working.  I'm not sure I'm okay with Madison turning 10.  She's growing up way too fast and don't feel prepared for the challenges I see in the future.  Fortunately and unprepared as I may feel we are talking about Madison.

Madison who thinks everyone walks and reads at the same time.  Who with tears in her eyes she tells me every time she gets in trouble at school. She's been in trouble twice this year.  The first time her teacher asked her to put her book away because they were getting ready to start math and then a few weeks ago her teacher reminded her that she probably shouldn't run in the hall.  Basically she is nice and sweet and kind and I have to be careful what I say and do around her because don't want to mess any of that up. 

3 comments:

Grace said...

Happy birthday Madison! It's weird to think that you have a kid who is the age we were when we became friends. It still feels like it was just yesterday that we were looking at tadpoles in the woods infront on your house. I love the last line of this post, "Basically she is nice and sweet and kind and I have to be careful what I say and do around her because don't want to mess any of that up." So true with regards to being a parent in general..isn't it?

mhambster said...

Congratulations on (and to) one of the sweetest ten year old little girls it has ever been my pleasure to know. She's just as great as your post describes. Even more so.

I agree with Grace. It's weird to think that Madison is ten. I remember when she was born. That little (and I mean LITTLE) baby is now ten. Crazy.

Congratulations again to both of you.

Sparklebot said...

How can it be possible that she's already 10?