20 December 2008

Spreading Neighborly Love

Michael took charge of the neighbor gifts this year. He bought a couple of 2x4s and made what the guys at his work call "Ho Blocks." He cut them, the kids helped him paint them, and I got the pleasure of sanding them because the sander is mine and I'm very possessive of it.

Today I made the boy go with me to deliver a set to one of his primary teachers.

Boy: Are we giving Ho Blocks to Sister Ha----?
Me: Yep.
Boy: What about Sister Heid--? Does she get Ho Blocks?
Me: We'll deliever hers tomorrow.
Boy: Okay, I just wanted to make sure she was on the Ho List.

6 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

I am so making Ho blocks next year!

Anonymous said...

A family where I live had to remove their HO, HO, from their front window, they were told it was politically incorrect.

Kristin said...

Ho Ho Blocks sound a lot easier than making 7 (because one of them didn't turn out well)different home made goodies in one day while you have PMS!!!!!

NG said...

Hey, you could turn those block over and they could be OH OH OH blocks - making them appropriate for natural disasters and accidents too.

hOLLIANN said...

What exactly are the requirements to "score" yourself some "HO" blocks?

Unknown said...

NG-- fantastic idea! I may try to market that.

Hollian-- If you have to ask you don't want to know.