12 December 2008

Decorating Help

Wednesday I told my mom I would buy her lunch if she would help me decorate my mantel.  She does a much better job than I do.  I would have taken a picture of my attempts with out her help, but it was too embarrassing, so I'm just going to show you a picture of the final product.
Just try to imagine it with the black bead board up.  We're uh . . . still working on that.

 
After a long hard day of taking decorating advice I left the kids and went out for a night on the town with Michael.  Unfortunately, when we got home something looked a little off.  

I took a closer look.


Maybe  just a little closer . . . 

 

Oh.  Of course!  A  dirty sock.  I was lucky enough to find three of them hidden on my mantel.  Nothing says Christmas like dirty socks.  In fact I think I'm going to use them as the kids stockings this year.  They'll be a lot easier to fill.

5 comments:

Alice said...

Did mom put those there when you were not looking ... just to ensure that her mantel was still nicer than yours?

Juliette said...

Gotta love dirty socks and how they show up in the strangest places.

Unknown said...

Alice-- she was babysitting the kids that night . . . .

Juliette-- they do have that tendency. I think they plot with the dirty underwear to see who can come up with the best hiding places.

Kristin said...

Maybe the kids were trying to trick Santa into thinking there were more than 4 kids by having more stockings.

CarrieAnne said...

Were they hung "with care"? Cause they look more "thrown" to me.