27 September 2007

Boys, Boys, and MORE Boys!

We just moved a few months ago and the kids still don't have friends in the neighborhood. So imagine my surprise when after answering a knock at the door I found four boys standing on my porch. Yes, I said FOUR boys.

I recognized two of them because they had recently suckered me into buying some peaches from them for 50 cents each. Yes, that is correct also . . . 50 cents . . . each. ALWAYS ask how much before you agree to buy the neighbor's kids produce. I mean I remember selling stupid things to my neighbors as a kid, but I don't think I ever asked for more than a nickel! But I digress . . . .

Here I am with four boys on my front porch and they ask me if Madison can play. How am I expected to respond to this? Michael would have said, "No!" maybe even, "Hell no!" and shut the door. I let her go play. But I did make her come home at 5. I can't just let her stay out with boys all night after all! What would the neighbors say?

When she came home she told me the boys were planning on coming back tomorrow. So Matt, you're going to have to bring Duncan over more often, he's got some competition now.

I am a little concerned with how the other little neighborhood girls are going to react with this new development. I overheard Madison talking to one of them the other day,

Little Girl: "You know Stanley?" (he happens to be one of the four boys from yesterday)
Madison: "Ya."
Little Girl: "Well he calls me, like everyday, because he always wants to come over and play with me."
Madison: "Really? Did he call you today?"
Little Girl: "No."
Madison: "I guess it isn't EVERY day then, is it."

I'm not confused as to why there aren't any little girls asking her to play. She's not very good at female politics yet. Maybe we can work on that for FHE next week. I am in need of a good topic.

2 comments:

mhambster said...

What the crap?! Tell the little punks to BACK OFF! I have vested interest here.

Do they understand how big I am? I mean really. I WILL teach Duncan how to open a can on these twerps.

Unknown said...

I think I DID pass on my "deal-with-other-female" abilities. That's the problem. I'm currently looking for a guest speaker for FHE. I figure I'm going to need to bring in someone from the outside.