17 September 2007

Hug me not . . .

Recently I have been scanning in old family photos. I started with old dead relatives, moved to grandparents, then baby pictures of the parents and so on.

My intentions were to find the best ones and hang them on the very bare walls of my house. All these pictures came in handy when we decided to make a slide show of sorts for my dad's upcoming birthday. So this afternoon while the Boy and the Girl were in school I went to do some more scanning and came across these pictures. True gems I figured I'd better post them.

Sadly enough there are few things I remember about my 6 months in Vienna. Among them are, kinder eggs-- they tend to make an impression, drinkable yogurt, muesli with chocolate bits, and putting on this easter play with Marc. Is it odd that most of what I remember revolves around food?

Speaking of food, I think am using a mesh produce bag as a veil. Boy was I ever clever . . . and resourceful!


6 comments:

Michael said...

Crafty as a fox, even in her youth.

mhambster said...

Wow! You look soooo much like Maddie. I have never seen it so clearly.

Unknown said...

She also inherited all my wonderfully delicious sweetness.

Marc said...

Ha ha ha. I don't remember this at all. What in the hell am I wearing? A bathrobe or a convocation gown? Oddly I do remember another production we were in together... I have vague recollections of our older sisters putting on a fake wedding for us.

My other memories of Vienna are a little spotty too... but I remember hiking up to castle ruins, being deathly afraid of ticks, and loving the cereal dispenser at the study abroad center.... all the sugared cereal my mom would usually never let me have.

Oh... and I also remember tagging along while you went to play with some blond girl you were friends with at school. I'm pretty sure she hated me.

Unknown said...

I don't remember the wedding, I'll have to ask about that. I remember falling down the hill when I was hiking to the ruins with you and your brother once. I think I still have the scar on my knee.

I don't think that blond girl really liked anyone. I don't even remember her name. I do remember that she was British and she had a very creepy little brother.

CarrieAnne said...

Look..it's the only time someone had to stand on something..anything..to be taller than you! Scrapbook this one!