26 August 2011

Back To School

As the first week of school draws to a close I am finally getting around to posting our first day of school pictures.

Thanks to many bags of awesome hand-me-downs Madison didn't really need any new clothes for school. I love hand-me-downs.  I did, however, agree to buy her a new outfit for the first day. Did I mention that she is in SIXTH GRADE now!  This is her last year of elementary school and I'd be lying if I said that didn't scare me.  In fact, lets not talk about this anymore.

Kai is now officially growing like a weed.  He's grown so much the doctor said his friends won't recognize him when he goes back to school.  That ended up being a moot point because a few days before school started he was offered a spot in the 4th grade class at the same school Madison goes to.  He was, of course, thrilled to be going to school with his sister.

A few weeks before school started Chase fell IN LOVE with a pair of bright blue skinny jeans at target.  He begged for them.  You have to understand Chase doesn't really ask for things, especially things like bright blue skinny jeans.  But he was determined to wear them on his first day of school so I bought them.  He put them on in the morning and I tried to find a matching shirt (it wasn't easy but I managed) and he finished getting ready for school.  Only, he wasn't very happy.  In fact, he was down right moody.  When I asked him if he was nervous he said, "No.  Only I don't think I like these pants like I thought I did."  I was so relieved.  Frankly, I think he looked a little funny in those pants.  So we did a quick wardrobe change, took a new picture, and ran to school.

And of course there is Davis.  Davis is now going to preschool three days a week--in the afternoon.  Which means I can go to lunch with out him.  I told Michael I need a stipend.  He thought I was joking.  He was wrong.


Life just gets better and better.

6 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

WooHoo!!! Lets make a lunch date!

Libi said...

Will you have time to have lunch with a couple of knitting buddies? Frankly, by Friday I'm usually having to take at least 1.5 hour lunch, if not more (today was 1 hour 40 minutes). Friday out with the knitting buddies would be a blast!

Juliette said...

Cute kids! I can't believe Madison's almost in junior high. Averi's a year behind her.

Is it just me, or are all your boys wearing matching pants?

Unknown said...

CA and Libi-- I'm totally game

Juliette-- YES!! They are! But the all go to different schools so I didn't get very much mileage out of it.

Rebecca said...

Heading to Target to see if they have the blue skinnys in my size. I WANT. Chase looks hip in both pics but SUPER hip in the blues... Love your post. Thanks for sharing pictures. <3

Des said...

See if you can fit me in to your busy lunch schedule! I love your cute kids and their cute clothes!