29 October 2010

Halloween 2010

Today is the school Halloween parade.  As you know Chase and Kai are going as clone troopers, Madison is going as a pirate, and Davis is going as Chewbacca.

I tried to make clone trooper helmets for the boys but they ended up looking like something out of Nacho Libre so had to come up with a new plan.  As it turns out Kai has a friend who has a really nice Clone Trooper Rex helmet he is going to let the boy borrow.  But that still left me high and dry when it came to Chase.  Then Michael said, "um, why don't you just knit one."  Freaking brilliant.  WHY didn't I think of that.

I am excited to say that in the wee hours of Wednesday morning I finished the last of the Halloween costumes.  Unfortunately I am sorry to say (though not surprised) that Chase doesn't actually like his costume. He does, however, like the clone trooper hat.  So this is what the kids looked like as they walked out the door this morning.  Kai isn't wearing the helmet because masks that cover the face aren't allowed at school, but he'll wear it trick-or-treating and I can get a good picture then. So between the two boys you have one complete clone trooper costume.


Of course, I made the boy try on Chase's hat so I could see the costume all together. 


I took notes as I made the hat so as soon as the Halloween craziness dies down I think I'll write up the pattern.

The last few days the boy has been in the hospital having an NG tube put in (the tube you see coming out his nose) and I have to say it goes with his costume quite well.  In fact I think some people might be surprised when he still has it on when he goes back to school on Monday.  However if we'd know he was going to get the NG tube before Halloween we could have sent him as Darth Vader in the scene where he takes his helmet off--because that would have been AWESOME.

And just because he's cute here is Davis in his Chewbacca costume.

7 comments:

Christina said...

These look awesome! You did such a great job!

Dawnia said...

They look great! That's some impressive handy work. I love Chewbacca.

I really need a game night. Wish we were closer.

NG said...

Only you would KNIT a clone trooper hat. That's what makes you awesome.

(When I first saw the picture, I actually thought NG tube was some sort of wireless mic/communication device under the helmet that I missed when watching the movies because I didn't pay enough attention.)

Jessieksj said...

Pure Brilliance. Seriously, if you ever need another job, you should be a Halloween designer!! You could win some contests with these!!

Juliette said...

Cute costumes! Especially Chewbacca.

kacy faulconer said...

That is so great.

CarrieAnne said...

You have inspired me to kill myself. I would hang by the crappy costumes of Haloweens past...but none of them are strong enough to hold my weight. Which makes me even more pathetic.

Good thing I read that article from Heather. *I* have now stopped comparing myself to you. Unfortunately The Kid and Man still look to you and say to me, "Why can't you do that?!?"