10 January 2010

A Winter Hat

I realize I haven't been blogging as much as usual. It isn't for lack of fodder. For example yesterday Kai told Madison that after he saved up and bought a mini laptop she could store all the video's she makes on it. Then he paused, thought for a second and added, "even the weird ones."

So if I haven't been blogging what have I been doing? I wish I could tell you I've been cleaning, organizing or even exercising. But I can't because I've been knitting. I've been knitting gloves, scarves and hats.

Right now I'm in the middle of making a hat for my niece's birthday. I have a hard time sizing hats so they end up way too big or way too small. I'd really like this hat to fit her so I keep trying it on Madison (who is about the same size) and making adjustments. At one of these critical moments Madison wasn't available so I asked the boy to try it on. "Mom, this is the coolest hat ever! Will you make me one? I really need a hat with knitting needles coming out the top!" And no he wasn't joking. He really does want me to make him a hat with the needles still in it.

7 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

Yeah he does! Cause it's COOL looking!! (Put me down for one too.) ;-)

Sparklebot said...

Seems dangerous.

His eyes are SO green!

Unknown said...

CA- I'll put you don't for one too.

Sparklebot- His eyes are either really blue or really green, it just depends on the day. What gets me is how HUGE they are.

Ali said...

He's too hilarious. and cute. dangerous combination.
Oh, yeah, and that hat is fabulous.

kacy faulconer said...

You are so talented. I didn't know it had snowflakes on it. Cool!

Grace said...

Love the hat!

Shell said...

Head-butting will become its own martial arts form.