13 January 2010

For The New Year

I wasn't going to make a new years resolution this year because my resolutions never go very well. However, I really have spent the majority of the last few weeks knitting so I decided I may as well try to sell some patterns and I may as well make it a new years resolution. I've been meaning to do this for a few years and have a few patterns in various stages of readiness. Here are a few things I've been working on:

I have a baby cardigan that is basically done. I need to knit it one more time to check my pattern (I even have the yarn) and then I need a test knitter.

I also have a fingerless glove pattern I'm working on. I have all but the thumb of the left glove knit, and just need to reverse the design for the right glove.

The last two days I've been working on a couple of headband patterns. Here is the one I am done with. I made Madison wear it for the picture even though it is too big for her. If you think she looks a little ticked in this picture, it might be because I told her not to use her fake smile. I still have a few little changes to make to this particular pattern, but overall I think its pretty cute. Now I just need a test knitter . . . anyone?

5 comments:

Pmom@Chocolateandgarlic.com said...

As you know, I am worthless at knitting and all things like that, so I can't volunteer as a test knitter. I would love to buy the knit headband for my oldest though. Any chance of doing custom orders?

Sparklebot said...

I can't knit. So ... sorry. I even have the time on my hands.

QueenMeadow said...

Me! I want to come up with a pattern as well, but if I can just use someone elses I may as well do that ;).

Anonymous said...

An Open Letter to Lis, From Her Friends-

Here's the thing, you've only been KNITTING for "a few years" so how is it that you've wanted to sell patterns for the same amount of time?

Lis, you make us feel like losers. Stop it. We *REALLY* need you to NOT excel at something. (Preferably something we're good at.)

We fear we can only stay friends if we can best you at something. (Being taller doesn't count.)

Ali said...

I think I'm with anonymous! Lets hang out this month so I can remember how much cooler you are than me! After school, maybe?