04 November 2009

This is Chase

Right now Chase is trying to figure out what he can say and do to push my buttons when he's mad. He used to stomp his foot and yell, "I'm so mad!" and then run off. That just made me giggle, so he stopped doing it. Then he tried to tell me things like, "I hate John Deere!" But when I suggested we give all his John Deere stuff to someone who still liked John Deere his tune changed pretty quickly. He also threatened to not go trick-or-treating a few times. I was totally on board with that. But the following is his most recent and one of my favorites--

Chase: I hate you!
Me: Oh? Well that makes me sad. But I still love you.
Chase: OKAY LOVE ME! BUT NO MORE HUGS AND NO MORE KISSES!

4 comments:

NG said...

I'm totally using that on my husband one day.

Kristin said...

Awwww! Unfortunatly, Lincoln has been very successful at finding my buttons and pushes them often these days.

Anonymous said...

Mabel has sworn off hugging me evera again 'cause she's mad at me today. (She also did and said some less-cute things.)

Shell said...

Bless his sweet-but-contrary heart. It's hard to be really mean when you're really not.