31 March 2012

The Cake is Done.

It's a good thing I have talented friends. 


It it weren't for my friends Ali and Maryanne Chase's birthday would have featured a very unattractive heap of cake crumbs and frosting. But luckily for me I know a whole slew of extremely talented people and I called a few of them to help make Chase's cake.

This was my first foray into fondant and it turns out that fondant isn't hard to make if you have Ali on the other end of the phone very patiently answering all your questions as you make it.

But its even easier to sit and watch as Maryanne makes and figures out how to apply tire treads to your (not quite) life-sized tire cake.

I love my friends and Chase loved the cake. 



6 comments:

Des said...

That is a great cake! I didn't know it was possible to actually make a cake like that. Awesome.

Ali said...

Uh, those tire treads make it. So glad it worked out for you (and so glad I finally realized you were talking about fondant, not buttercream. Had you followed my first suggestions, it would not have been nearly so cool!). Let's hang out after spring break.

Jessieksj said...

mission accomplished!!! awesome. he better appreciate it :)

Yuetching said...

Looks like a great cake and Chase looks happy! ~~^^~~

Katie said...

That is an amazing tire cake! What a super mom!

CarrieAnne said...

Super cool!

You raise the bar too high. Make something crappier and post pics so The Kid feels like her mom is awesome.