30 January 2012

100 Days of School . . . Again?

Back when the boy was in first grade he was asked to bring 100 of something to the 100th day of school. Because he is slightly perverse he chose rocks. Now Chase is in first grade and today is his 100th day of school. At first he thought about bringing 100 monster trucks. "Toy ones" he explained, "because,real ones would be too heavy." I pointed out that although we have a lot of toy trucks I didn't think we had 100. So he decided to take 100 recycling bins . . . no wait, 100 fire hydrants . . . . This went on for a while.

It took a lot of convincing but I talked him into taking something I saw on Simply Modern Mom--a monster shirt with 100 googly eyes on it. The only problem was the Madison and Kai liked Chase's shirt so much that they insisted I make them one to wear to school today too.  Unfortunately, Kai got sick this morning so he'll have to wear his to the 101st school day tomorrow.

Chase is quite possibly the cutest kid in the world.

5 comments:

Juliette said...

I just love how crafty you are!

Sparklebot said...

Oh my goodness. Madison is little you.

Shell said...

It is very possible that Chase is the cutest kid in the world. I'm so glad he wore the shirt. All of that cuteness should stick together.

Yuet-ching said...

Happy Birthday Chase~~~

Dawnia said...

Love the shirts, love the picture. That is a great picture of Chase. I can't believe how grown up Madison looks!