08 April 2011

Somday I Might be Able to Stand Alone

Sometimes I wonder what I'll blog about when my kids stop being funny or when they are all old enough that I shouldn't put what they say on the blog (I'm looking at you Madison).

But then I realize that in the last few weeks I was

--Approached by a stranger at the deli who wanted to discuss turkey sandwiches and the radiation in Japan.  She also thought my name was Ravelry because I had my knitting bag with me. 

--I got a check from my insurance company for 76 cents.  Right now you're thinking I probably fought a good fight for that 76 cents.  Nope.  For what ever reason they forgot to pay one of my doctors the whole bill and instead of just sending my doctor the 76 cents they sent it to me so now I owe my doctor 76 cents.  Ridiculous?  Yes.  Worth fighting about? Not really, especially because that doctor currently owes me 35 dollars.  Well, 34 dollars and 24 cents.  Of course, now is the time Michael is going to remind me that I once called the hospital because they were charging me a penny more than my EOB said I owed.  But I would like to point out that I was just curious about the discrepancy.  Really!! It was just the discrepancy!!  Why the discrepancy???

--And last but certainly not least, I got trapped in the underground parking lot at the library.  I almost had to use a emergency phone. Fortunately, in a brief moment of clarity between moments terror, I was able to call someone who happened to be above ground at the library and she was able to alert security with out getting the police involved. But now I know that when parking underground one should always leave the library before 9 p.m. because by 9:05 the gates are down and those sensors don't always work as well as they should.

6 comments:

NG said...

If I got trapped in an underground parking lot, I would look at it as providence giving me a night off from my house full of company. I would tell no one and just enjoy the peace and quiet. Is that wrong?

Unknown said...

You know, you're not the first person to say that, and if I'd had a Dr. Pepper and a blanket I may have felt that way too.

Ali said...

I would have freaked out. Some stranger wants to talk to me about radiation in Japan? WAcky.
Trapped underground at the library...too bad you didn't have access to all those books at the time...

Jessieksj said...

k. the stranger i.e. your new Bestie was classic. crazy lady. but the library. oh my hell that is awesome.

Unknown said...

Well Jessie, I am just glad you moved here so that I don't have to go to vegas for you to witness the strange things that happen to me.

Anonymous said...

Since my blog is 95% kid stories I too have wondered what I will blog about later in life (if at all) but then I also think that my time is 95% taken up with kid stuff, so maybe my blog will be more boring but I will get to talk about books I read or projects I finished. That was all one sentence, pshew.