20 April 2011

Another Cut

Shaving Davis' head has become pretty common place around here.  There are some who would prefer he grew his hair back out, but he just really likes being bald.  As I'm sure you know I'm pretty flexible when the kids want to do stuff with their hair. Hair grows back so if Kai wants to have red spikes over the summer, why not?  He's got a lot of personality and has found a way to express himself through his hair.  As he's gotten older he lost some interest in coloring and spiking his hair. Now he's really into cardigans.  I had to talk him out of wearing a blue button up cardigan to the baseball draft yesterday.

But none of my boys do the "normal" thing.  When I asked Chase what he wanted to sign up for this summer, he looked at me in his jeans and cowboy boots and said, "No'fin.  I just wanna to grow some corn."  So with the money we would have spent on soccer or baseball we got him a garden box and a package of seeds. We planted the seeds in an egg container and he was thrilled this morning to find that some of them are sprouting.  He also asked if he could plant hamburgers but settled for green peppers and maybe a tomato plant or two.



Sunday Davis decided it was time to shave his head again.  But since he is basically a clone of his older brother, this time he asked for a shaved version of a Mohawk.  And, of course, I gave it to him.  Michael thinks he looks like a "central Utah hick."  No offense if you're from central Utah--I'm sure he doesn't mean you! 

2 comments:

Dawnia said...

Who wants to be normal? :) I love Chase's response. You can see how much fun he's having in the pictures. So cute. We have a John Deere store just down the street from us. I think of Chase every time I drive by it.

kacy faulconer said...

As soon as we're clear for the last frost I'm getting my hamburgers in the ground. Tell Chase he needs ketchup walls for his burgers if he plants now.