25 April 2011

Baseball Draft

Real baseball has begun.  No more sneakers and jeans. This is big boy baseball so gone are the days where everyone gets at least five pitches and no one gets out.  In real baseball boys run drills while the coaches take notes and you have to run laps when you talk out of turn.

I don't believe I'm ready for real baseball, and seeing him line up next to boys twice his size, then watching as they rub the top of his head as if he's a good luck charm confirms my feelings.  But he loves baseball.  I wonder if either of us have any idea what we're in for.


ps.  I recognize that he looks strange in this picture, but it is the only one I have and if I wait until I get a better one I will never actually post this. 

1 comment:

kacy faulconer said...

Real baseball sounds like some of my worst nightmares.