27 August 2012

I ♥ Chase

School is underway and last week Chase and I went to his first patent-teacher conference. At the beginning of every year the teacher reads a check list of conduct that the kids agree to and then sign. She asked things like, would he bring his supplies, do his homework, be nice to the other kids, and listen in class.  He responded to all of them with "yes" or "I'll try." Until . . .

Teacher: "Chase, can you come to school each morning ready to learn with a positive attitude?"
Chase: "A positive attitude?"
Teacher: "Yeah, that just means that you'll try to come to school happy."
Awkward silence . . .
Chase replies with a long drawn out: "Nooooo. . . I, uh, don't think I can do that."
After some coaxing he said, "Fine! I'll TRY!"

When we were done his teacher turned to me and asked, "Do you have any questions for me?" Chase said, "I do . . . what's a million plus a thousand." She answered, "One million one thousand." "Good job." He said.

3 comments:

Dirtius Wifius said...

bahahahahahaha! I love Chase too!

Ali said...

Hahahahahahahahaha! Love it! Thanks for sharing!!

CarrieAnne said...

Reminds me of the last time I was interviewed for a recommend...

Chase is my homeboy.