09 September 2011

Delusions

Upon leaving a very good Mexican restaurant Davis and I had the following conversation:

D:  What language were those people speaking?
Me: Spanish.
D:  No.  The people in the restaurant.  What language was that?
Me:  That was Spanish.
D:  No it wasn't.  I speak Spanish and I didn't understand any of that.  They were was just talking crazy.

I've mentioned it before but Davis is under the impression that he can speak Spanish.  If nothing else I have managed to raise children with confidence.  Some may even go so far as to say, too much confidence. 

6 comments:

Juliette said...

That's too funny!

Ali said...

Hilarious!
My kids also think they speak spanish. Too much Dora for mine...apparently, you have a better reason. Frequent ventures into mexican restaurants!

CarrieAnne said...

I'm sure it was just an unfamiliar dialect.

I speak English..but I can't understand a thing my sister-in-law's dad says. (He's from "Jow-Ja.")

CarrieAnne said...

P.S. My stomach wants to know the name of the restaurant. You know...for research purposes.

Unknown said...

Its called El Mexiquense its in AF. Let your stomach know that it was very good.

Jessieksj said...

LOL- I have heard him speak spanish- his version