22 July 2011

Its About Time

We are finally starting to get food from our garden.  We've been eating snap peas, cucumbers, green beans, and carrots.  Chase is still anxiously awaiting his corn.  He checks on it every day.  We still don't have any ripe tomatoes but I think we'll start getting some red ones next week. 

We've had a lot of fun with the carrots, snap peas, and green beans so I think we'll plant more of those next year. 

While the garden has been busy growing I've been busy playing with fiber.  A while ago I bought some milk silk from Greenwood Fiberworks and I've been attempting to spin it ever since.  I had some trouble at first but eventually got the hang of it and finished two bobbins worth.  Michael bought me a jumbo flyer for mother's day so I was able to ply them together.  I love how it turned out.  Now I just need to find something to knit with it.

two bobbins worth of singles

Plying
Setting the twist
Wound into a hank

2 comments:

JulieN said...

I am soo impressed with the spinning!!! It is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Knitting is a gateway drug.