03 May 2011

Its All About Confidence

Note:  This post contains a video that doesn't show up on Facebook.  If you're reading on Facebook you'll have to go to the blog to watch the video.

One of my favorite stories is from when MacKay was three.  I was driving the boy and his friend in the back of the van and they were singing the alphabet song together.  Kai would sing it with the letter P twice.  The first P was sung correctly and the second P was sung when you're supposed to sing V.  So,
when Kai sang the second P his friend corrected him.  However, by the time we reached our destination Kai had convinced his friend that the letter V wasn't actually a letter and that P was important enough to be mentioned twice.

When I told my brother this story he said that MacKay will eventually learn the alphabet but his friend may never learn the art of persuasion.  You have to be born with that kind of confidence.

So was I surprised when Davis told me he could spell anything?  Not really.


Oh and incidentally, he can speak Spanish and Chinese too.

3 comments:

Christina said...

I love this!

Rebecca said...

It is interesting to me that EVERY word starts with NO. Hmmm, can you spell? NO! Love it, smart kid.

Dawnia said...

He definitely has some favorite letters. That's some great confidence!