08 February 2011

My Life is Fodder

I haven't been blogging a lot lately.  It isn't that I don't have plenty to blog about, I just haven't really had the time. So this is perhaps the not-so-quick-but-slightly-condensed version of the last few weeks.

Several weeks ago Davis asked me to shave off all his hair.  So I did.  We're talking no guard here.  The boy was completely bald and he LOVED it.  He has a good half inch of hair now, but still thinks he is completely bald and will not be convinced otherwise.  Oh, and he changed his name to Jacob.

Chase is turning 6 next month and every morning he asks us how many days until his birthday.  We asked if he wanted a party with friends and he said, "No, I just want to go bowling."   Yesterday when someone asked him if he had any hobbies he said, in a slow deep voice, "Sometimes . . . I like . . . to eat piiiizzzzza."  Maybe you had to be there.  Last week when I told him he was a big boy and could get his own spoon, he asked if he could have a slave for his birthday.  Apparently Michael and I aren't doing enough for him.

Most of you already know that Kai got off the bus at the wrong stop a few weeks ago and wandered up and down the streets of south Provo for, as the school in south Provo put it, "awhile" before being found and redirected by two strangers.  I am sure you aren't shocked to find out this is the incident that prompted  my previous post.  Good news, though, his weight is holding and it looks like he won't need a G tube. 

Then there is Madison.  I love Madison.  She is a tween and has tweeny emotions but everyday I am more grateful that she's not a boy.  Did I mention that Davis, wait, I mean Jacob, told me that when I die he's going to toss my body outside because I would no longer be his mother?  I was fortunate enough to be able to inform him that I would, in fact, BE HIS MOTHER FOREVER!!!!

7 comments:

NG said...

Many thoughts: my daughter tried to change her name last year. She started calling herself Molly and writing Molly on all her school paper. Now I'm all for encouraging them in their individual expression whenever appropriate, but I was not going to have a Molly Mormon in the family. So we refused to call her Molly and told her to stop it.

I totally want a slave for my birthday. Please let me know if there's a website or something. On second thought, there probably is and I don't really want to see that website, so never mind.

My 3 year old asked this morning if her brother was dead when he wasn't staying with us. Nice job explaining the circle of life, me.

Unknown said...

You're comment makes me feel like maybe, just maybe, my family IS somewhat normal. Oh and I'm with you on the molly thing. That would not fly.

Jessieksj said...

maybe davis just wants to look like mark? :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder how your kids come up with stuff like this, and then I remember that you and Mike are their parents. Maybe the reason Madison liked to lurk while we played Loaded Questions was so she could get good ideas for funny things to say, and then share them with the boys. Or it's just genetic.

kacy faulconer said...

Go Team Jacob.

CarrieAnne said...

Duncan changed his name to "Red X" in...second? grade. He was signing his papers that way. No one knew he had changed his name..including his teacher..so he wasn't getting credit for his assignments.

Davis is having an identity crisis because you never called him by his true name in the first place. This name changing business is your fault. Deal with it.

Chase is kind of my favorite. (All your kids are.)

Kai, if he ever got kidnapped they'd return him. They would not be able to handle his awesomeness..unless they were awesome themselves...but since awesome people don't kidnap kids...you have no worries.

Madison....yeah. Good luck with that. Smart kids are the worst. they're picky, panicky, freaky outy, they have ideas...and thinking...UGH!

Anonymous said...

"My life is fodder" is one of the best post titles I've ever seen. Also one of the saddest.

The pit bull video frightened me.It looked like he was licking his ice cream before he took a big bite out of it.

And the other video--well, if I hadn't been warned I wouldn't have made it through the whole thing. But I did make it through. What prize do I get?