01 January 2011

House Rules

This weekend we spent most of our time cleaning, organizing and rearranging the kid's rooms.  This inspired me to enact a new house rule: Children are allowed to read for 30 minutes before bed IF their rooms are clean.  If not, they can spend that time cleaning their room.  Wonderful isn't it? 

This rule empowered me, so I decided that my new year's resolution would be to create even more useful house rules.  Today (mostly during dinner) I was pleased to be able to enact several more rules:

1.  Do not touch other people's food
2.  Your fingers are not allowed in other people's ears
3.  Bum talk is strictly prohibited during meal times (and I don't mean talk about homeless people)
4.  Do not blame your burps on people who are not close enough to defend themselves

This year is already shaping up to be awesome.

4 comments:

janicef said...

Would one be allowed to say, "I have a bum leg?"

NG said...

You're a freakin' genius!

Des said...

What if they say "bum" in German?

Unknown said...

Janice-- you of all people should know that saying "bum leg" around boys is never a good idea.

JimF-- I may have to make an exception for steer bum. In fact I think that is how I will refer to beef from now on.

NG-- I try.

Des-- that depends, what is bum in German?