28 June 2010

Spinach Burgers



Last night I made Sparklebot's Spinach Burgers. I even made a couple that were gluten free by replacing the stuffing with rice crispies and some italian seasoning.   I tried them and they taste pretty much the same.

I loved them. Michael ate his and half of Madison's so I think I can safely say he enjoyed them. Davis liked his (though thats not saying much, I've seen him eat some pretty disgusting things).  Madison said "They aren't the best thing I've ever tasted, but I ate it."  Which translates to, "I am going to choke down half of one because I saw how angry you got when Kai gagged as he picked his up."  A teary eyed Chase tasted a very small corner of one and vowed never to eat another green burger.  Kai said, "Fine, I'll eat another, but only if I can put on enough ketchup that I don't actually have to taste it."

All in all I think it was a success.

5 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

sounds like any regular night at my house :P. A success indeed.

Juliette said...

Never heard of spinach burgers. Sounds interesting. Would you mind sharing the recipe?

Sparklebot said...

Haha. I'm glad you were able to take my memory of the recipe and make it work. We didn't even TRY to make our kids eat them. It would have been a disaster. So, good for you!

Unknown said...

Juliette-- I got the recipe off sparklebot's blog. She posts the recipe in the comments.

Sparklebot-- Madison ate her's out of fear so I'm not sure that counts. And I went to a lot of trouble to figure out how to make some gluten free so that boy had better eat one-- even if its slathered in ketchup. Seriously though they were awesome, and I plan on making them again, even if the kids don't like them.

qing said...

Hi, I am a reader of your blog.wow I am a vegetarian, but spinach burgers are another thing! Either u r brave or I am picky =P