18 June 2010

Davis Turns Three

This week Davis turned three.  For his birthday he requested lots and lots of cake, not just any cake, a farm cake.  This worked out well for me because not long ago Target was getting rid of old cake decorations. For 23 cents I scored a bag of Charlotte's Web decorations that work perfectly for a farm cake.

Davis woke up the morning of his birthday and with all the enthusiasm a new three-year-old can muster he came running down the hall and asked for his farm cake.  I explained that because the cake was for after dinner, I hadn't made it yet.  He was not happy.  At this point the boy and girl heard he was up and came in to sing Happy Birthday.  Little Davis balled up his little fists and yelled, with all the enthusiasm a new three-year-old can muster, "STOP IT!  STOP SINGING!"  then he looked at me and finished with, "YOU HAVE RUINED MY BIRTHDAY!" He then proceeded to stomp down the hall.

His disappointment didn't last too long.  He even helped me make homemade Root Beer for the party.  Later that night he got his farm cake, along with pancakes and bacon for dinner.


Happy birthday baby.

7 comments:

Pmom@ChocolateandGarlic.com said...

Homemade Rootbeer sounds awesome! Did it turn out well?

FWIW, I think that it's impressive that Davis could formulate the sentence "you have ruined my birthday" at age 3. "Ruined"? Serious vocabulary and the ability to use it going on at your house.

CarrieAnne said...

I'm impressed by his verbage. I remember the day Tessa said ..as a snotty comeback.."apparently".

Yeah, gotta love them kids.

Happy birthday Anakin.

(It's nice to know he's not maturing too quickly. He's still the same kid he was, even though now he supposedly won't swallow toys.)

Unknown said...

Pmom-- "ruined" is one of his very favorite words. We hear that one a lot.

The RootBeer turned out okay. It was our first time and the mix wasn't exactly right.

CarrieAnne-- Madison has yet to bust that out as a snotty comeback but I'm sure the day is coming.

NG said...

I love Love LOVE that you made a farm cake. Happy birthday Davis!

Grace said...

What?! Davis is 3? Love the "ruined" comment.

Dawnia said...

Happy Birthday, Davis! His comment is too funny. Who would have thought? Cute kid.

Anonymous said...

It's so easy to ruin a kid's life in so many ways, isn't it? I'm always trying not to and failing. Glad things turned around for Davis. Happy birthday to him! (Wait, was this the 18th? Happy birthday to Dean, too.)